The Casio Privia PX130 (PX-130) is mid range, lightweight digital piano that offers exceptional value for its price range. The PX130 has a clean, uncluttered look. There is screen to help navigate options as there are on a majority of other similar models. There are minimal buttons that you must rely on to select your preferred options, but it works on this model. Navigation is simple and easy considering the simplicity.
The keys are made of solid construction and feel very much like the keys of an acoustic piano. This model comes with several features not typically seen. In addition to the typical variety of sounds, this model offers split sounds with one sound coming from the low pitched keys and another sound coming from the high pitched keys. There is also a built in USB port for transferring your recorded songs to your computer.
The two 8 watt speakers offer rich sound and are some of the best we have seen in the 8 watt range. Another speaker feature is that the lower pitched sounds from the keys on the left come from the speaker on the left and the higher pitched sounds from the keys on the right come from the speaker on the right. The lightweight of the PX130 and high quality sound makes this a good option for professional musicians to bring from gig to gig.
- Navigation is simple and easy considering the simplicity
- The sound quality and feel are great
- While the light weight of this model is nice for transporting your digital piano, it does result in a cheaper plastic which some users have reported cracking.
- The minimalistic look with no screen and few buttons has been difficult for some to navigate.
- There is no MIDI In/Out connection